Legal Counsel Latam (Real Estate)
País : México
Población : Mexico City
Categoría : Venta al por menor
Tipo de contrato : Indefinido
Jornada laboral : Completa
Descripción de la compañía
Descripción del puesto
H&M group comprises of nine independent brands: H&M, COS, Weekday, Monki, H&M Home, & Other Stories, ARKET and Afound. We have over 4,900 stores across more than 73 markets worldwide.
Our values reflect the heart and soul of H&M. They define what it takes to work here and how we do things. When we interact with colleagues and customers around the world, our values help us develop and grow.
We want to be at the forefront of both fashion and sustainability. Our employees play a key role and can contribute to more sustainable fashion, today and in the future.
Do you want to join H&M on a journey, defining the way we create a seamless omni customer experience? If you have a genuine passion for growing business and see yourself in a role contributing to added customer value, a strong brand and digital growth - join us and take part in setting how we work to deliver an outstanding omni offer for our customers.
The H&M Group operates more than 5000 stores in more than 70 countries with 8 different group brands. We continue to expand worldwide as one of the largest fashion companies in the world.
The Expansion function is here to support in adding meaningful growth. We are responsible, in partnership with our brands, for all aspects of creating and maintaining our real estate portfolio: we lease, design, draw, buy, build and maintain each store and constantly follow up on the existing portfolio to ensure high profitability. We add new stores and optimize the current portfolio through rebuilds, extensions, renegotiations, relocations and consolidations.
On this journey we´re all collaborating to create the best omni customer offer for our customers and as a Legal Counsel LATAM you will be a key player in making this happen. You support, guide and protect the H&M Group in relation to leases and other legal contracts as well as in other legal issues that arises. Together with the rest of the team you collaborate with the relevant stakeholders to ensure we get the best possible deal both legally and commercially.
Key responsibilities include:
- You negotiate, draft and review various agreements.
- You conduct judicial enquiries and due diligence and identify and analyze any risks and consequences associated hereto.
- You stay up to date and understand global legal requirements and standards and support your market to achieve these.
- You set and implement routines and the way of working for execution of contracts and ensure the execution done in the correct way.And as a person we believe you have the following qualities:
We see that you are comfortable making decisions and efficient in resolving situations with conflicting interests. You dare to speak your mind and have strong sense of integrity and rational thinking. You enjoy teamwork and effectively collaborates with a group of diverse people in order to achieve set goals and targets.
To be successful you need to have the ability to coordinate and maintain good collaboration with relevant internal and external stakeholders. You represent H&M towards landlords and other external parties with a high level of professionalism.
Besides your personality we see that you have:
- At least 5 Years of legal working experience within in the relevant retail real estate market
- A degree in Law
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong in planning and executing together with a "can-do attitude" and self-motivating way of working in which constant improvement is part of your way of working
- A thorough and pay attention to details attitude
- Flexibility to travel within the sales market on a frequent basis.
- Fluent written and spoken English.Being part of our omni journey means there is not one clear path. We ask of you to be open to change and take part in creating an organization for the future. This is an opportunity for open minded team players that by being curious, innovative and forward-thinking, want to change our business and the whole industry. We ask you to be yourself, drive results, work towards goals and go for it with everything you've got.
This is a full-time assignment based in Mexico City and you will report to the Expansion Manager LATAM. We're more about personality and competence than qualifications, leadership and values driven approach are key. If you feel your experience, skills and ambitions are right for this role, please send your application latest May 13, 2021 and initiate the dialogue with your current manager.
Note that due to GDPR we only handle applications via our career site.
H&M is committed to creating a Diverse & Inclusive environment and we are actively looking for qualified candidates irrespective of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability or age.
We look forward receiving your application, CV and cover letter both written in English.