Ethics & Compliance Controlling Manager
País : México
Población : Mexico City
Categoría : Consulting - Jurídico
Tipo de contrato : Indefinido
Jornada laboral : Completa
Descripción del puesto
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to make athletes* better and make the world better for athletes. The brand looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. Nike seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
At NIKE, we understand in order to create the future of sport, we must play inside the lines. Therefore, our purpose, is to champion an ethical culture for all athletes* by mitigating bribery and corruption risk through global risk awareness, effective internal controls and accountability at an enterprise scale.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a passionate teammate to join us in our commitment to champion an ethical culture for all athletes*. The ideal candidate will have an expert ability to identify risk, work cross functionally to problem solve, and communicate clearly with leadership and stakeholders, both locally and globally. We are looking for someone who isn't afraid of ambiguity and can think strategically to help the Ethics & Compliance Controlling team plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
If this is you, you'll be responsible for assessing bribery and corruption risk across multiple functions in Latin America and ensure effective internal controls exist, or are implemented, to mitigate those risks by leveraging your strong understanding of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), as well as familiarity with all local anti-corruption laws. You'll also be responsible for the monitoring and testing program for all anti-bribery anti-corruption controls in LATAM.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You'll be the point person for the Ethics & Compliance Controlling team throughout LATAM and report to the Ethics & Compliance Controlling Director at Nike, Inc world headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon, while you're located in Mexico City. You will partner closely with the local Financial Governance + Controls team and the local Ethics & Compliance Legal Director to continue to optimize LATAM's control environment across multiple functions.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
* A minimum of 7+ years of experience in accounting, finance or related functions
* Big 4 Public Accounting audit experience and/or Internal Audit experience within a large, multi-national company (CFE, CPA or CIA preferred)
* Strong understanding of the technical aspects of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, as well as local Anti-Bribery Anti-Corruption laws and regulations
* Audit and assurance services and/or forensic accounting experience
* Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO Internal Control Framework, and risk assessment practices
* In-depth understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business and information technology processes
* In-depth understanding of designing and implementing controls, while also possessing a strong documentation acumen
* Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a large, matrixed organization
* English language fluency required
* Spanish language fluency required
* Portuguese language fluency preferred
* Ability to travel internationally
* Ability to pass a 7-year background check
- Demonstrate expertise in bribery and corruption risk & control, including compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Assist the functional teams in the successful design, execution, and evolution of the Anti-Bribery Anti-Corruption program
- Coordinate best practices and learnings across teams
- Educate stakeholders on Anti-Bribery Anti-Corruption relevant topics
- Build mutually beneficial, cross-functional relationships to achieve strategic objectives
- Demonstrate strong cross-functional business acumen and communication across stakeholder groups
- Continuously enhance professional knowledge and stays current with Nike and industry best practices
- Effectively apply LEAN or a similar process optimization concept while demonstrating a global mindset
- Effectively manage organizational and process changes by building and maintaining momentum for change, engaging stakeholders, aligning the organization, training and developing people, and ensuring business readiness and adoption for change
- Simultaneously and successfully move several tracks of work forward
- Demonstrate strong project management and time management skills
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to ethical behavior and developing a culture of compliance
* Exhibit the leadership skills needed to obtain management support for constructive change